Welcome to Meridian Yacht Owners!

Welcome to the worlds largest Meridian Yacht Owners Forum

MYO is a boating forum for Meridian Yacht owners to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Meridian Yacht ownership.

Register today... it's free!

Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the new forum! Please take a moment to login and get to know our new digs!
Dismiss Notice
The mobile view issues should now be resolved!

411 '04 Fresh Water Pump Replacement

Discussion in 'AC/Heat, Plumbing & Sanitation' started by jeffspayne, Jan 11, 2017.

1. jeffspayne

jeffspayne First Mate

Hello all,

The pressure sensor on my fresh water pump seems to be shot as it won't stay on. I went to get a replacement of same model but they are no longer manufactuerd and I can't find one. It's a flojet model R4515-743. It is listed as 3.7 GPM flow and 35 PSI pressure. I can't seem to find a match online. Anyone recommend a replacement?

2. shelbri

shelbri Staff Member

Have you considered giving FloJet a call and see if they do repairs? I had an issue once and took mine apart and I snapped one of the housing screws. The guy on their shop floor who took my call just sent me 4 additional screws from his shop at no charge.

3. ws30878

ws30878

Vessel Details:
    2006 408MY Cummins 6BTA 370
    There are replacements available. I tried rebuilding mine and after spending $125 I tossed it and replaced it with a new one. I believe I got it from Depco pump in Florida. The new one is multi speed and works much better than the old one.

4. Bob Hall

Bob Hall First Mate

Vessel Details:
    580 MERIDIAN PILOT HOUSE
    We use lots of Flojet pumps in multiple voltages no problem getting them from suppliers. I googled and found many on several websites including Amazon.

Bob

5. jeffspayne

jeffspayne First Mate

Thanks to those who responded. I have not been able to find the exact match model number online anywhere. I reached out to Flojet and they said model R4515-743 was replaced with the following units (both of which are marine versions and have 3 year warranties)

· 42755-0092 PUMP 12VDC VFLO 5.0
    · 42755-0094 PUMP 24VDC VFLO 5.0

Should we be using 12V or 24V?

6. Capt Keith

Capt Keith Staff Member

You should use the 12V model.

7. ws30878

ws30878

Vessel Details:
    Keith is right use the 12v model. This is the replacement I used this summer. It has a larger capacity and the pump is variable speed depending on how many fixtures are open at the same time. It is also a little quieter.

8. nacejam

nacejam First Mate

how often do these pumps need replaced. Has anyone used the jabsco brand that the below link brought me to or is flojet preferred?

9. ws30878

ws30878

Vessel Details:
    A pump is a pump. If you choose a different brand you will probably have to do some retrofitting of the mounts and fittings. Some are easy and some are not. It really depends on how much "in the hatch" engineering you want to do. My advice is by the direct replacement and spend the extra time that would be spent on trips to West Marine and under the hatch retrofitting on the back of the boat with a cocktail.