Login or Register to remove this ad
  • Welcome to MeridianYachtOwners!

We are a boating forum for owners of Meridian Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Meridian Yacht ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Meridian or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on MeridianYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vessel Info
    2008 Meridian 341 w/6.2 MPI Horizons

Head Drain Covers

Has anyone ever had to replace the Head and Shower drain covers? Mine are all pitted and nasty. Would like to replace. Just not sure how to get them off and where to get replacements.

thx
    Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current
    Melissa Horne
    2008 Meridian 341 w/6.2 MPI Horizons
    Jersey City, NJ

2. # ADS
    MYO Sponsors Advertisement

Vessel Info
    2006 408 Motoryacht 370 Cummins
    Mine were the same. Cleaned them with Never Dull and a lot of elbow grease. Same with a lot of the other chrome hardware on the boat.

thank God for cocktails. This boat is wearing me out LOL
    Wayne
    2006 Meridian 408 MY
    Previous boats:
    1987 33 Egg Harbor
    1973 32 Pacemaker
    1972 28 Pacemaker
    1964 30 Ventnor (woody but a goody)

Vessel Info
    Meridian 459, 2004,Cummins 6BTA5.9M3's
    Ours are the same. If you find out could you let us know,

Brett

Riviera Dunes Marina, Palmetto/Bradenton FL
    Vessel Info
    2003 411SB,Cummins 370 B's, Hull #13.
    No amount of polish will restore mine. So if you find a source, and how to R & R them, please let us all know.

John

2003 411 370B's
    "Checked Out"
    Hull #13

Vessel Info
    "Knot on Call" 2006 Meridian 391 repowered fall 2012 Merc 8.2L HO
    On my 2006 391, These overs fit perfectly over the old ones and remain recessed and keeps the hair out of the drain shower:
    OXO Good Grips Easy Clean Shower Stall Drain Protector - Stainless Steel & Silicone

Vessel Info
    2003 Meridian 411 - Gas
    As I was leaving the boat for the weekend I said to myself, one more thing real quick. Decided to pull the shower drain cover off so I could search for a new one during the week. (2003, 411) It was so pitted and corroded it came apart in 2 pieces. I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to dissect part 2 but wanted to share what I have so far. I may have to fabricate the gasket but wont know till I do some additional searching. Stay tuned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vessel Info
    The gasket is a standard sink drain gasket. I scrubbed mine with a Brillo pad then polished them with never dull and they look like new
    Wayne
    2006 Meridian 408 MY
    Previous boats:
    1987 33 Egg Harbor
    1973 32 Pacemaker
    1972 28 Pacemaker

Vessel Info
    2007 Meridian 459, 380 Cummins (NZ) 2004 408 370 Cummins (USA)
    Mine corroded away so I bought new stainless steel ones from Ace Hardware, sat them in place, they don't quite fit, then using your heel stand on them making them concave instead of convex, then glue them in place with 5200. Been in place for several years now and look as good as factory. They were cheap too!

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    [img=http://www.meridianyachtowners.com/forum/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=285]

Vessel Info
    Meridian 341, 2006, Gas
    I have two replacements left by previous owner. Have not installed them as mine aren't too bad. Also, seems challenging. Seems as if you need to get underneath them and unscrew the base to take it apart. I suspect it's glued in addition. I'll take a look at the box and update with any part numbers, etc. in the next couple weeks.
    Matt w/ 341 @ Old Town, Alexandria VA

Vessel Info
    I cleaned mine with a Brillo pad, the polished them with Never Dull. Big improvement with virtually no work
    Wayne
    2006 Meridian 408 MY
    Previous boats:
    1987 33 Egg Harbor
    1973 32 Pacemaker
    1972 28 Pacemaker

Vessel Info
    Meridian 341, 2006, Gas
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt [Only registered Members can see links, click here to register]
    I have two replacements left by previous owner. Have not installed them as mine aren't too bad. Also, seems challenging. Seems as if you need to get underneath them and unscrew the base to take it apart. I suspect it's glued in addition. I'll take a look at the box and update with any part numbers, etc. in the next couple weeks.
    See attached photo of the box for the the drain components both for the shower drain and the drain near the toilet... hope this is helpful.

Matt w/ 341 @ Old Town, Alexandria VA

Vessel Info
    2009 441, 480\'s
    I cheated and had teak grates made by Goodale Marine (they are a site sponsor). I did the two heads and shower floors done. They came our real nice!! Unfortunately I do not have any photos handy. If anyone is interested, I can take pics next time I am at boat (prob. mid Feb.).

Andy
    \"Premier Getaway\"
    2009 441 SB
    QSB 480
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Vessel Info
    2003 Meridian 411 - Gas
    Since I never posted additional pictures from earlier in this thread as planned, here are 2 more, 1 as it came apart and then the final product.

Vessel Info
    2007 341 QSB 380 (uprated from 330HP July 2008) 8VS AB inflatable 10HP Tohatsu on DinghyRamp Davit p
    Hi Viper. I wish to replace mine. They look like they are screwed down (the centre rectangle hole in the drain looks like a screwdriver access hole?) but not quite sure if they may be sikaflexed in place. What did you find?
    Robert
    2007 341 'Vis Ta Vie' with 380HP QSB & 2005 Trophy Walkaround 2052 'Eve' with 220HP 4.3 MPI SEI sterndrive
    "every day you lose boating you never get back..."

Vessel Info
    2007 341 QSB 380 (uprated from 330HP July 2008) 8VS AB inflatable 10HP Tohatsu on DinghyRamp Davit p
    I purchased two Smith Cooper complete shower drains. But i see they are basically a one piece construction. Has anybody successfully removed and installed new ones. Are they just screwed into the hose pipe and then sika-flex glued in place? I'm a bit loathe to pry one open and then find the install of a new one is impossible (the shower one in particular appears to have no access anywhere to the underneath of the shower (drain in front of toilet may be accessible from the sump pump hatch i'm hoping).

I'm very keen to find that this is doable before ripping things up.

Anyone?
    Robert
    2007 341 'Vis Ta Vie' with 380HP QSB & 2005 Trophy Walkaround 2052 'Eve' with 220HP 4.3 MPI SEI sterndrive
    "every day you lose boating you never get back..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast